Notes From October's meeting
Some suggested visits/days out that have been put forward for members to consider. Sheets were placed on the table for members to register their interest to see whether any of these options are viable. Dates can be arranged if enough interest is shown in any of the suggestions.
1. Land Rover Experience at Halewood. Nigel has spoken to Land Rover and this costs £45 per person includes a tour of the factory (approx. 2.5 hours) and tea/coffee. Cost maybe prohibitive for this suggestion.
2. Lakeland Museum Visit. This is at Backbarrow, Cumbria close to the southern tip of lake Windermere. Entry fee is £6.40. A café is also available.
3. Isle of Man trip. A few days away at a B&B /Hotel. Package deals can be investigated if there is enough interest.
Some other dates for your diaries over the winter months are as follows:
1. Autumn Run this Sunday meeting at the club house at 10:30 to finish at the Stamford Bridge Inn or Tarvin Road, Christleton, Chester.
2. 1st Nov MG Club are holding at run commencing in High Legh.
3. Boxing Day at Lymm provisional booking at the Barn Owl have been made for 20.
4. New Years Day at Briars Hall, Burscough. This was a lovely event last year with cars constantly changing as people arrived and departed at various times throughout the day.
5. 17th January 2016 - Club Christmas Meal. This will take place at the Griffin.
Some provisional dates for 2016 if you know of any events that you believe the club would enjoy contacting please let Kenny know as they can be added to the events list. Below are dates for venues that we are already provisionally aware of.
Early Spring Show at the Bus Transport Museum in St Helens
11th June Hale Carnival
9th July STFC Open Day Daresbury
Other items of discussion that took place
Public liability at shows was discussed at length and owners should consider whether they are covered when entering events as individuals.
The AGM will be held in December Anyone interested in standing for any of the committee positions please let Nigel know. We will be raising money from the raffle at the AGM for Alder Hey Hospital in memory of Martin Stott. Raffle prizes can be brought to the next meeting or contact Phil Stott if collection required.
Rob noted that we have 97 members in total with 34 new members joining this year.
Steve Marran informed the meeting that £4017 was raised on the St Rocos day. We now have a target to beat for next year.